01 02   03   La Parisienne Temporaire: Louvre Landsharking 04   05     15   16     19   20     21      22      23      24     25   26   27   28    31    32     33     

Louvre Landsharking

34     
Got up around 930 today and put breakfast together. Poor Joan is still so sick... The medication Madame gave her last night didn't really seem to help. She was up all night with nightmares (she thought the medication gave them to her since she'd never had them before), and her cold seemed to have gotten worse... I told her to go back to bed. After I ate breakfast (another fresh gluten-free croissant, galette du riz avec fromage, et du thé), I got ready, and headed out to meet Rouge at the Louvre.

We walked around for about an hour and a half. We creatively landsharked any sculpture we found that didn't have hands, so that was fun. I really wanted to take pictures with the statues doing the same goofy poses they were, but I didn't see anyone else doing it until we were leaving, so I'll have to come back and do some "statue douchebaggery" at another time.



This statue has a hand now, courtesy of Rouge!

I'm a stealth Landsharker. Can you see my hand-fin?


Finally got close enough to the Mona Lisa to snap a picture.
After our Louvre visit, Rouge and I decided it was time to go find Helmut Newcake. We headed to the metro, and over to the 10th arrondissement, and found it! We each had a pastry, and I bought four more baked goods to take home. The pastries were so good, you wouldn't know they were gluten-free if it wasn't for the "gluten-free" sign on the awning, the "Everything is 100% gluten-free paradise" sign on the pastry counter, and the wonderful reviews that you can find online... including the one I just wrote today, which you should check out to see exactly what I thought about the place! Rouge thought it was delicious too, and she's picky about her crusts.

Gluten-free chocolate eclair

We headed home after that. Joan wasn't home when I got back, so I just relaxed in my room until she got back. She told me she thinks she's managed to get Kyle sick, and while she was looking for a job (there's an odd job wall near the Sweet Briar building), she met a French guy who's looking for an English tutor. Instead of having him pay her, they're doing a trade. She's tutoring his English, and he's going to tutor her French. Even more interesting... he has friends that want to improve their English as well, and they're having a party this weekend that Joan should bring her English-speaking friends to... Hmm. I want to know how she manages to do this while she's contagious... I digress. If nothing else, I guess I have plans this weekend. Joan says this guy is very sweet, and isn't sketchy, so I'm okay with it for now. I'll stay sober when we go out to make sure I have control of the entire situation, though.

Dinner was really good. We had two types of ham, ratatouille, the adorable pomme de terre nuggets from a couple nights ago, cheese (including some more Ossau-iraty cheese with cherry jam), and more cantaloupe for dessert. After dinner, Joan, Sheila and I went back to my room to play cards for a while. Joan finally beat me at ratslap, and decided to rub it in with one heck of a quote... "I'm going to come wake you up in the middle of the night if I have another cauchemar (nightmare) and remind you that I beat you at ratslap!" Dear lord, I about died laughing.

I have two classes tomorrow, but all three of us have to get up at the same time, so I guess that's kind of a bonus... Off to bed with me, early to rise at 7:00 AM!

Chassez le naturel, il revient au galop.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35     36    37   38