01 02   03   La Parisienne Temporaire: Hauts et des bas... 04   05     15   16     19   20     21      22      23      24     25   26   27   28    31    32     33     

Hauts et des bas...

34     
During les vacances, some students like sleeping in, doing next to nothing, and effectively turning his or her brain off until it's time to go back to school... and then there's me. Though I do like sleeping in, I get fidgety if I don't have much to do... or... there are things to do that I don't want to do...






STILL can't find a job. STILL. It's not because I'm a bad candidate. I'm sure I look great on paper. It's the fact that I'm leaving the country in, oh... 10 weeks OH MY GOD I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO AND I ONLY HAVE TEN WEEKS that makes me... not hirable. There's little to no point in a company training me in when I'm practically on my way out. Sad, but true.


With all the "free time" I have on my hands, I've piggybacked onto my boyfriend's gym membership while I'm home, and I go just about every day. I'm leading a healthier life, and even better, my mom wants to go gluten-free, so healthy eating will be much easier! I already look thinner and leaner in the mirror, and I can rival my boyfriend with the amount of definition one notices when one "flexes." Needless to say, I'll look great when I go to France, the key will be to keep it up. Blogilates should help with that. Evidently, all I need to stay in shape are paper plates...


The money keeps flowing through my fingers... There's been a lot of talk about the Cal Grant system lately, including the lowering of the highest award amount. For those of you that don't know what a Cal Grant is exactly, you can click here for all the details. In a nutshell, a Cal Grant is a merit-based "scholarship" that you can use toward any college of your choice (assuming you are a California citizen and you're going to a college in California) that you don't have to pay back. I was awarded the highest possible amount. Anyway... I've done as much as a student can to protest and get my voice "heard" while going to school decently far away from the hot seat of the legislation. Meaning... I've "liked" all of the "Save Our Cal Grants" pages on Facebook, I've signed a few online petitions... little to no leg work. This has come to bite me in the rear end. My Cal Grant was not cut. It was taken away completely. Why? The email said that I "did not meet income, asset and minimum need criteria to be considered for a renewal Cal Grant award." Apparently, spending thousands of dollars on medical care and having your mother do the same for herself does not make one "needy enough." I'm going to go live in a box and reapply. Maybe that will work...


Cut the dramatics. In reality, when I filed my FAFSA (Federal Aid) this year, those medical fees hadn't come in yet. I DID have more money (de façon exponetielle) than I do now. My next step is to call my college, explain my situation, have them revisit my financial situation and update my FAFSA, and they'll see if I'm magically eligible for my Cal Grant again. If so, they'll refile my Cal Grant Renewal. All things said and done... everything will work out in the end. I may have more to pay back after I graduate, but I can handle it.


On TOP of all of this... ordures my back is starting to hurt! Mais oui, j'ai besoin de plus les choses tournent mal avec le sac pitoyable de carbone qui est mon corps... My mother's suggestion was to ask my doctor for a referral to her office. My mother is an Occupational Therapist with a specialty in hands. She works in a Physical Therapy clinic. Rough life. Of course, in order to get treatment, I need to get bring in my Noah...


Avec ce visage, mon traitement doit être libre... Credit: Ed from California Rehab

That picture was taken in the office (and edited on Ed's iPad!). My Mom's co-workers love Noah! Once he's certified, he should be able to go to work with my Mom. He'll have his own little job, though.


Needless to say, my life has been easier in the past. Mais, ce qui ne vous tue pas rend plus fort.


Also, check out the updated inspiration post here!


Tant va la cruche à l'eau qu'enfin elle le brise. - Molière (Comedie de Proverbes)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35     36    37   38